Monday, November 12, 2012

Quiet On The Set: Part Three

It's time to check in with our favorite classic stars in some behind the scenes photos.

Alice Faye and Rudy Vallee take a break on the set of "George White's Scandals" 1934

Hedy Lamarr adjusts her costume on the set of  "Samson and Delilah" 1949

Shirley Temple spends time in hair and makeup on a Twentieth Century Fox set.

Vincent Price gets ready for some scares.

Gene Tierney gets a quick rest in on the set of  "Leave Her to Heaven"
1945

Myrna Loy gets ready to shoot a scene on the set of  "The Rains Came" 1939

Deborah Kerr gets a surprise as she steps out of her trailer. (You have to always be prepared for those pesky photographers.)

Ava Gardner on the set of  "Lone Star" 1952

Buster Crabbe enjoys his company between scenes. (Love the Spats!)

Robert Montgomery and Anita Page get direction from Jack Conway in a scene for "The Easiest Way" 1931

Doris Day on the set of  "Move Over, Darling" 1963

Thanks for stopping by.  I'll see ya soon.
Page

15 comments:

  1. Pictures of stars on set are always great. I specially loved Vincent Price and Deborah Kerr, specially for the witty captions.
    Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Le!
      Good to see you as always Doll Face. Vincent was the best. I sure miss him. He did horror right.
      Promise to get over to your place now that my election obsession is over.
      Page

      Delete
  2. How cool is Myrna Loy? Thanks for some great pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jacqueline!
      Loy was very cool and a firecracker. I'm glad you enjoyed the pics. Candids of our favorite stars are my favorite.
      See ya soon over at your place.
      Page

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Hi Martin!
      I have a thing for spats. They're the bees knees. ha ha

      Thanks for being so supportive of my blog. You're the best!
      Page

      Delete
  4. Fun post.. my favorite is the first one..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dawn!
      Rudy Vallee was such a handsome guy.
      I've got to get over to your place and others. So far behind. I feel just awful.
      Page

      Delete
  5. Cheesecake photos of both Hedy and Deborah...thanks, Page!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to see you here, Rick!
      You have great taste in classic starlets. I had to do a double take with Kerr. At first I thought she was wrapped in a towel.

      Page

      Delete
  6. Great pictures. My favourite's the one of Vincent Price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BT,
      I sure do miss Vincent. Behind the scenes pics are my fav.
      Thanks for stopping by. Hope to see you again.
      Page

      Delete
  7. I believe Doris Day is my favorite ... it should be unglamorous but she's so darn cute that it's an adorable photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brian!
      Someone told me she reminds them of Meg Ryan but sweeter. lol
      Thanks for stopping by. See ya soon over at your place.
      Page

      Delete
  8. Oh Hedy! She was so GORGEOUS in Samson and Delilah. And Vincent -- I just adore that man. All the pics were fun to see. I love the behind-the-scenes glimpses. Thanks Page -- this was a fun one!

    ReplyDelete