Friday, November 16, 2012

I Bring To You the Warm and Fuzzies.

Hey cats and kittens! I'm working on my Betty Compson bio that will be up this weekend but in the meantime let's have a look at our classic stars with their lovable companions. (No, not their squeeze of the week or their latest spouse but loyal companions, the four legged kind!)

Silent actress, Hope Hampton poses with her fluffy Borzoi.

Hedy Lamarr and her husband, Gene Markey pose with their Great Dane.

Dorothy Moore cools off with her little cuties. 

Oh, Clara Bow! That looks like a handful. Stick to Chow Chows.

We're used to seeing Jayne Mansfield with her beloved Chihuahuas but apparently she's a cat lover too.

Miriam Hopkins shares a moment with her twin babies.

I think Helen Twelvetrees has kidnapped Asta!

Get out of here, Myrna Loy! Come back with something that can be house trained and isn't screen used.

That is one cute face! Ann Sothern looks good too.

Al Jolson spends some leisure time with his loyal friend.

Shelley Winters tries a few tricks by the pool.

Judy Garland with her sweet little Pekingese puppies.

Norma Shearer and her Cocker Spaniels look like a Norman Rockwell painting.

Carole Lombard was such an animal lover and she looks gorgeous here. That's one lucky dog!

Thanks for stopping by everyone and have a great weekend.  I hope you'll return for my Betty Compson bio, coming soon.

Oh, I was a bit busy today doing a guest review for our friend Nate. If you want to read my review of "Gomorrah" you can find it HERE or just go over and say hello to Nate anyway. 

Page

12 comments:

  1. Page, you know how I love Pawsome Pet Pictures..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dawm,
      I certainly do and I think of you every time I do one of these. I love seeing our fav stars enjoying time with their adorable companions.
      I hope you're doing well!
      Page

      Delete
  2. So many great photos here. It's hard to choose a favourite! Although I must say I like the furniture in the Miriam Hopkins photo. I'm serious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SS,
      Getting to see a stars living room, candids of them at home are a favorite for me too.
      Thanks for stopping by!
      Page

      Delete
  3. Myrna and her chicken are hilarious! Cute dogs and cuter people! I was also glad to see some kitties in there -- I'm a catwoman from way back. I bet you don't often see stars with cats because the cats just won't cooperate in making the stars look good -- LOL! Cats ARE the stars in their own minds...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becks,
      You and Le love your cats so I'll do my best to add more cats. A cat in every pot! No, a cat in every post. ha ha
      Page

      Delete
  4. I'm a cat person, but these dogs are amzing wityh the stars! I loved th lady who kidnapped Asta, Clara Bow and her weird little pal and Myrna and the chicken.
    Now I'm anxious to read the Betty Compson bio! I watched her in The White Shadow just yesterday. It's the Hitchcock effort that was rediscovered and is streaming now. If you want to watch it too, I have a link on my Twitter.
    Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Le,
      We have a lot of cat fans so I'll do my best to show more cats in the future. ha ha
      I need to see White Shadow. Thanks for the info. Betty was another special silent star.
      Page

      Delete
  5. I love Dorothy and her dog on the pool, booth look great, well actually all the pictures are great.
    First time over here and I can't actual wait to read that biography.
    Xxx
    City-aholic.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Laia!
      So glad you found my place. I'll be sure to check out your blog. Be sure to check out the archives here. I think you'll enjoy my Hollywood at Home series.
      Page

      Delete
  6. This was a great read :) I loved Myrna Loy and her feathered friend lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Coley!
      Myrna is adorable on her own but with that chicken. She's just too much.
      Page

      Delete