Wednesday, February 6, 2013

More Fabulous Stars in Fur!

We have some wicked fog today and a bit of rain. I think that's just about as 'wintery' as it is going to get here. I must continue with my winter series on our delightful stars decked out in fur though. Just imagine a snow plow in the distance and our adorable stars freezing as they show off the latest fashions.

Isa Miranda looks miffed in muff! 

Bebe Daniels and Gloria Swanson step out in the style. (Gloria appears to be whispering.."You know these cameras are here for me, right?")

Oh, Billie Burke! I think a munchkin might just be missing his hat but I do appreciate your sense of humor here.

Boots Mallory pulls off a large fur collar. (I would love to see this outfit from head to toe... She's divine!)

Clara Bow channels one of her chows. I just don't care for her hair swept back like this. It screams "Look at these eyebrows...They're straight and clever even if I'm nuts!"

Dorothy Dix carries off 100lbs of fur perfectly! What I would give for those eyes.

What a fur! I don't even mind that Esther Ralston looks like a crazy haired killa. 

Frances Gifford needs a parade float and some fur therapy!

Fred Astaire has stopped by to show us that men can carry off a touch of fur too. (So glad he left his muff at home!)

Gene Tierney is an eye turner in her chocolate mink as she steps out on the town.  Take it easy Gene! That gal, Lana Turner has your number.

Oh, look! Greta Garbo discovered curling irons. How unfortunate. (And perhaps it's just me but it looks like the photogs caught Ms. Garbo mid seizure,)


When you have a figure like Jean Harlow you can pull off polka dots on the derriere and a fur wrap. Show off! (Cruelty to dry wall and plaster!)

Irene Dunne emulates Garbo in her 'curling irons gone rogue' photo shoot. 

Joan Blondell.  Busty McBusterson takes on fur, a lawn and an odd hat! (Wait until I show this to Shirley!)

Well, that's enough fur for one day. Going to go hug my great aunts fur stole and thank the powers that be that I'll never be desperate or brave enough to wear it other than playing dress up for classic movie night.

Please share your thoughts on these beautiful stars and their fashion choices.
See ya soon!
Page

16 comments:

  1. That's Greta Garbo? What year is that from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Early 20s! Not a flattering pic or period for Garbo. Thank God for stylists.
      Page

      Delete
  2. I would never have guessed that was Clara Bow. Fire that stylist!

    Not familiar with Boots Malloy, but what a gaze. The fur is nice too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Kev!
      Clara just didn't have the face, features to pull off the pulled back hairstyle.

      Boots had a very short career during the 30s, first as a Ziegfeld girl. She left acting by 1939 and she died at the age of 45. : (
      An attractive girl. The only film I remember of hers is "Hello, Sister!" with Zasu Pitts.

      Thanks for stopping by!
      Page

      Delete
  3. Thanks for more these wonderful photos of the Hollywood fashionable. Fashion helped stars to create their style and made de audience dreamd of it. Glorious, glamourous and glittering Hollywood stars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danian,
      So good to see you again. I'm glad you enjoyed these photo of the stars showing off their gorgeous furs. Stay tuned for more in my fashion series with Hats, Furs and other things I've got coming up.

      Page

      Delete
  4. Delightful as usual. My particular favorite snark was about Garbo looking as though she was having a seizure. I miss, Shirley.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim,
      lol Ivan would have a fit if I brought Shirley to co-host on furs too although she would have some fun with some of these outfits.

      Who knows though, I might have to sneak her in. : )
      Thanks for stopping by!
      Page

      Delete
  5. I would never reecognize Clara! Wow!
    I specially love Jean Harlow's outfit. And seeing Fred in fur was funny, too. It's bad we don't have many photos of males in fur.
    Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya, Le!
      Harlow looked phenomenal in everything, every pattern, shape, just so stylish. I imagine other stars were jealous of how well she wore clothes.

      It seems that Clara has a few surprised.
      Good to see you as always.
      Page

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Dawn,
      By that pose, you can tell, Jean knows it too. ha ha
      I hope you're doing well.
      Have a great weekend!
      Page

      Delete
  7. Whew! Those must be too heavy to carry! Imagine all those fur around you. Out of everything, my fave is Jean Harlow. I like her fashion sense with just the right amount of fur.

    Cheers!

    Joel Salmon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Joel!
      I'm so glad you stopped by and commented on these glamorous photos. Stay tuned for more fashion and fun.
      Hope to see ya again soon.

      All the best!
      Page

      Delete
  8. Ooh - I see quite a few fave furs here! And your comments about Greta Garbo's curling iron and Francis Gifford's need for fur therapy made me LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  9. do you know the year of this photograph?

    ReplyDelete