Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentines Day

Sue Carol 

Cyd Charisse opening a box of beautiful roses

Virginia Bruce

Rosalind Russell and Celeste Holm (I hope they share nicely)

Betty Grable aiming her arrow at one lucky guy

Betty even more beautiful in color! Provided by Claros Cureaux at http://claroscureaux.blogspot.com/
Please visit his site to view his large selection of colorized and restored photos. They're gorgeous! (Thank you Claros)

Irene Dunne

 Jean Harlow is one of those lucky girls who receives gifts and flowers

I hope everyone has a wonderful Valentines Day.  Whichever way you spend it I hope it includes watching one of the many classic, romantic films out there while with the one you love.  

I guess if I can't see my favorite love story, The English Patient I tend to go for romantic comedies where after many obstacles a couple finds love at the end.  Some of my favorites are Bringing Up Baby, My Man Godfrey, The Philadelphia Story, the original Love Affair and Moonstruck.

Please share your favorite Valentines Day film or romantic movie in comments and take my Valentines Day poll located on the sidebar.

May your day be filled with love, kindness and joy.
Page


8 comments:

  1. Great Valentine's Day post. I especially love the Irene Dunne pic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Monty! I hope to catch a good old movie later this evening.
    Have a great day,
    Page

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola Page:
    Soy Natalia Lopérgolo de Argentina. Estoy descubriendo tu blog y me encanta!!!.
    Todas esas increíbles fotografías son adorables y asombrosas. El viejo Hollywood tiene una mágica aatmósfera de glamour y ensueño.
    Gracias por compartir toda esta infomación e imágenes.

    Cariños

    Natalia

    http://www.christianbale74.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hola Natalia,

    Gracias por sus amables palabras. Estoy feliz de que estés disfrutando de mi blog y espero volverlos a ver aquí a menudo.

    Tiene un gran día.

    Page

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a day late, but I'm sure the flowers have not wilted yet, so Happy Valentine's Day to you, Page! I watched a romantic favorite of mine last night, "Brief Encounter" with Trevor Howard. Wonderful story, acting, and oh that music!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes you have the most wonderful blog!!I admire it sooooooooo much!!and all your friends!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Becky,
    There you go bragging about being only one day late when you know good and well I'm always three days behind!

    But seriously, I haven't heard of "Brief Encounter" although I admire Trevor Howard very much.
    I'm glad you liked the Mombo.com article too. That means a lot to me.
    Page

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have to check out Brief Encounter. It's a wonderful film ... directed by David Lean in the 1940s. Marvelous. And I also love The English Patient -- yet another reason to be your valentine!

    ReplyDelete