Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Spring Fever in Hollywood: Part 4

It's time to take another look at our favorite stars as they enjoy Spring activities before Summer Fun arrives. With temps into the 80's here all week I may have to jump into my Summer series sooner than scheduled. In the meantime, dust off your exercise equipment, grab yourself a cool glass of your favorite Spring time beverage or throw on your favorite sun dress as we snark our way into Summer.

I'm not sure if Cyd Charisse is exercising or just showing off those gorgeous legs. Regardless, I'm jealous. Stop that!

There's nothing like enjoying a corn field on a gorgeous day. Well, not really but Corinne Griffith has found her way into one.  It looks like a good place to sprain an ankle.

Alan Ladd looks handsome here and the wagon wheel adds a nice touch. Everyone looks cooler with a wooden wheel or even better, farming equipment in their glamour pics. Get on that Sears Portrait Studio!

Ann Shirley is no Anna Pavlova but at least she's trying something original. The studio must have been out of lawn chairs, floaties or lawn games the day of her shoot. Poor girl didn't even rate a Bocce set.

Dorothy Lamour is picture perfect as she poses by her pool.  (Watch and learn Ann Shirley!)

Elizabeth Taylor is just lovely in her Spring dress as she scribbles out another Let's be friends note to Debbie Reynolds.

Rhonda Fleming giving her "Go sit down Betty Grable" pose.

Maureen O'Sullivan attempts to pull off a sexy pose in her garden. (see Dorothy Lamour pic or any of Olive Oyl.)

Douglas Fairbanks and wife Mary Pickford want us to believe they actually planted trees on their vast Pickfair estate.  Or maybe they're just assaulting their May pole!

Marilyn Monroe making a new friend. I'm sure the fence will be very sympathetic and loyal. Nor will it judge her choice of horizontal stripes.

Signo Hasso gets a tree AND a tennis racket to pose with. Somewhere Ann Shirley is in tears.

Ann Sheridan poses in what looks like very tight shoes. No wonder she looks so sad or it could be that ill fitting outfit. There's not enough wooden rails in the world to make this photo interesting. Just hop the fence and get out of there!

Rita Hayworth enjoys some sun! I hope she doesn't burn. Hold On Rita! Kevin Dearny is on his way with some sunscreen.

I hope you enjoyed the photos and you're having your own gorgeous Spring day!
Page

26 comments:

  1. Loved Doug and Mary! Are you aware of Mary Pickford Blogathon at KC's blog?
    And Liz Taylor writing a Let's be friends note to Debbie Reynolds is just hilarious.
    Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Le,
      I didn't know about KC's Blogathon. I check it out. Glad you enjoyed the snark.
      See ya soon.
      Page

      Delete
  2. Fun post, with lots of cool photos and witty captions. I particularly like the Cyd Charisse, Alan Ladd and Rita Hayworth ones (Kevin Dearny's not the only one ready with the suntan lotion).

    By the way, have you read the recent Newsweek piece by Frank Langella, talking about his brief fling with la Hayworth during the filming of The Wrath of God? Very interesting read:

    http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2012/03/11/frank-langella-remembers-his-rita-hayworth.html

    I'm guessing it's an excerpt from Langella's (apparently pretty steamy) recently-published autobiography.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeff,
      Glad you stopped by and that you enjoyed the pics. I visit The Daily Beast often but I guess I don't ever notice the Entertainment section. Thanks for that info. I'll check it out and look for Langella's bio. If he dated Rita he was one lucky guy.

      I hope you'll look through the archives, especially my snarky photo reviews on old films. Please come back and join in on our discussions. Having a Horsaathon soon if you want to sign on for that as well.
      Page

      Delete
    2. These are so great and fun! That one of Rita Hayworth is beautiful. I have to say I laughed at your "Sit down Betty Grable" caption :)

      Delete
    3. Thanks Jessica or should I say Lois Lane! : )
      Good to see you here.
      Page

      Delete
  3. Not only will I provide the sunscreen, but I will provide an ambulance attendant to help revive me. Another great series, Page.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kevin,
      Your love for Rita is so endearing. I'm glad someone has Rita's back! (snort)
      Page

      Delete
  4. Fun as always! Ann Sheridan looks horrible in her photo ... she should have demanded retakes! When the ambulance attendant revives Kevin, he/she should go help poor Ann.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Ha You and Kevin are cracking me up today Brian! I agree that Ann was having an off day. Shame on that photographer for making her look so bad.
      Page

      Delete
  5. The top picture of Cyd Charisse, looks a little like Gene Tierney.

    Corinne Griffith, looks like she playing the game "Survivor". I want to blindside her and vote her "out".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dawn,
      Being another Survivor fan I loved your comment! lol
      Hope you're doing well ladybug!
      Page

      Delete
  6. Cyd Charisse....I'd be jealous but watching her dance makes that all go away. Love the snark, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristen,
      Enjoyed your observation on Cyd's dancing. he he
      Thanks for commenting.
      Page

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Kim,
      I think that photo inspired "Children of the Corn!" ha ha
      Have a great weekend
      Page

      Delete
  8. Especially love the Doug and Mary snapshot! Honestly, I think they never stopped loving each other1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gilby,
      They certainly made for a gorgeous couple. Great examples of "Hollywood Royalty". When they divorced I can only imagine what their adoring fans and the studio chiefs thought.
      Page

      Delete
  9. Elizabeth and your "Let's be friends" snark is my favorite! Good stuff, Page!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becky!
      I couldn't resist with Elizabeth. : )
      Page

      Delete
  10. Sorry, the only thing I can remember now is the Rita photo....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rick,
      Rita has such a big fan club! You guys have great taste. I'm glad your Fan club President, Kevin is keeping track of all of you. Ha Ha
      Page

      Delete
  11. I want to know what Fairbanks is doing in that photo...it looks funny!
    Great photos, I especially love that one of Alan Ladd. All the ladies look lovely in their summer dresses and bathing suits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angel,
      I think we are supposed to believe they were planting trees at Pickfair.
      Glad you enjoyed the pics. Thanks for stopping by.
      Page

      Delete
  12. Agpic
    Amazing how simple it can be to communicate with people and have them understand a certain topic, you made my day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jone,
      So glad you enjoyed the post.
      Thanks for stopping by and please come back often.
      Page

      Delete