Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Riding High!

A quick update on the Horseathon. I've had such an overwhelming response on my Horseathon and I want to thank everyone who has signed on so far. It has even introduced me to new bloggers that I was unaware of before the announcement.  I'll be doing a post shortly with the official list and participants so stay tuned.

In light of the amount of participants I'll be extending the Horseathon to four days so look for new banners with the updated dates.  If you are still trying to decide on a film the official deadline isn't until the first week of May so you have plenty of time.  And please remember that the film doesn't have to be based on one horse but it can be a favorite film of yours that has horses in it, a movie character that rode a horse etc!

For now please enjoy a few of our favorite stars as they share in our love of equines.

Charles Buddy Rogers...HOTNESS!

Clark Gable and Carole Lombard enjoying some quality time with their beloved horses.


Joan Blondell is adorable in her Huckleberry Finn outfit!

Elizabeth Taylor shows her adoration for horses in a rare candid.

Olivia de Havilland wasn't just in films with horses. She's owned several throughout her life and she's invested a lot of time into training them.

Ray Milland looks quite happy here!

Mary Astor enjoys a day of horse riding in the Hollywood hills.

Barbara Stanwyck was another actress who felt very comfortable around horses, spent her down time riding horses.

Greta Garbo enjoys a day of riding.

Alan Ladd takes the time to pose as enjoys some quality time at his horse ranch

Ronald Reagan enjoying a day at his ranch while still a Hollywood actor.

Robert Taylor was another star who enjoyed riding horses, days on his ranch.

Leslie Howard enjoys a day with his horses.

I hope you all love these candid glimpses of our stars as much as I do. Stay tuned for updates and other fun posts. And if you'd like to sign up for my upcoming Horseathon you can get more info and banners HERE.  We would love to have you!
Page







11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Ivan,
      Shirley requested the day off! Something about picnicking with Margaret O'Brien to plot revenge. Ya might want to watch yourself! lol

      Page

      Delete
  2. You always post such great photos! It was nice to see these celebrities in a more relaxed atmosphere - and with such beautiful horses, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SilverScreening,
      I'm glad you're enjoying my photo posts. Stay tuned for more on my Spring series then other posts. Of course Shirley will return. Ha Ha
      Page

      Delete
  3. Babs Stanwyck loved horses--glad you put that pic up. She felt so comfortable around them she always did her own riding in her Western films and on The Big Valley.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim,
      I'm quite fond of that photo of Barbara. So glad you liked it.
      Page

      Delete
  4. I've never been in a movie blogathon before, but I think I might give this one a shot! Has anyone claimed Miracle of the White Stallions (1963)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elizabeth,
      That film is available and I would be glad to sign you up for it.
      So glad you're doing your first Blogathon. I think you'll really enjoy it plus it will give us a chance to get to know you, visit your blog and vice versa.

      Just let me know if you have any questions and stay tuned for updates on the Horseathon as the date approaches.

      Page

      Delete
  5. I'm really looking forward to writing about Charge of the Light Brigade! And those are great pics -- I think Leslie Howard looks like he is a little afraid of his horses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becks,
      I always look forward to your movie reviews, especially when the topic is the handsome and talented Errol! : )
      I have a few more photos of stars with horses that will be posted before the blogathon gets underway.
      Thanks again for participating.
      Page

      Delete
  6. Well, Page - thanks for including Garbo, but gee, could she look more uncomfortable? Somehow, I don't think GG was into horses!

    ReplyDelete