Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Blog Update: I'm Still Here!

Hello to all my fellow bloggers and blog visitors. I greatly apologize for my absence these past few weeks.
As some of you may know, my beloved father passed away a little over two weeks ago now.  It's painful to even type these words.

So many of you have heard me over the years speak about my father and his love of Westerns. Even during his last days while in the hospital one of his main complaints was the hospital didn't get the Western Channel. We laughed a bit about that and I told him mom had better prepare herself when he got home to hear Gene Autry blaring from the other room again.

He gave so much joy to so many during his life. A hard worker, a loving and dedicated father and husband, a loyal friend to many and one thing he found during his last years was an extended family with the Patriot Guard Riders. I'll never forget our conversations in recent years where dad shared his enthusiasm for having the honor of giving back to his fellow Vets, fallen soldiers. And in a touching tribute, each of his fellow Patriot Guard Riders where there to honor my dad as well in a beautiful send off. I know he would have been proud.  Of course, never more proud than I am to have been able to have called him my dad. We were truly blessed.

Hopefully he's getting to catch up on his Westerns now and in peace.




On a blog related note: I am so sorry I missed all the entries for the CMBA Forgotten Stars Blogathon but I'll do my best to go back and read each post. I'll also post my Lois Moran tribute this coming weekend. Of course, like most of my posts, it's so long I think I'll have to do it in at least 3 parts. She had an interesting life I think you'll be interested in reading about.

I'll see you all soon. All the best!
Page


15 comments:

  1. My father loved Westerns too. I think he watched the Western Channel during his last years as well - at least, I remember seeing him watch Westerns, in-between reality TV shows. I miss him too.

    Good to have you back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rich,
      You've been such a good friend, especially with what I've been going through. I appreciate you! : )
      Page

      Delete
  2. Page,we're so sorry to hear of your father's passing. While we of Team Bartilucci didn't have the pleasure of meeting and knowing your late dad, from what you've said about him, he sounds like a wonderful guy -- he must be, with a wonderful daughter like you! We're keeping your dad and the and you and your family in our thoughts and prayers, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dor and Vin!
      Just no words to express how very moved I am by your kind words. Truly wish I could give you both a big hug and to let you know how I appreciate you both. I'll be back. We have time, don't we?
      Wishing you the best Thanksgiving.
      Talk soon,
      Your friend,
      Page

      Delete
  3. I'm so sorry for your loss, my sincere condolences. My sister was a western fan too when we were kids, I have looked at a giant poster of Clint Eastwood for years in the bedroom we shared :-). Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NO,
      Thank you so very much for visiting here, hanging in there during my absence but most of all, being so very kind.
      Page

      Delete
  4. I'm sorry to hear about your dad Page. Sounds like he was a great guy. I love the pics you shared. All the best to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, KC!
      Thank you so very much for stopping by. When I think old cinema and the who's who of blogging you always come to mind first. You've been my go to for so long for updates and you've been a constant here so your sentiments mean a lot.

      Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving.
      Page

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. So good to see you Tom! Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving and Thank You for your kind words. Nothing better than friends and old movies to make you feel better. We need a lot of that. : )
      All the best!
      Page

      Delete
  6. Oh, Page, I'm sorry to hear the bad news. Without a doubt our family has had a deep influence in our classic film love (I always watch westerns with my grandparents, for example). I'm keeping you and your family in my prayers.
    Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet, Le!
      I've missed you girly! I can't wait to catch up on your blog. Have you been practicing nail designs between movies, blogging and the gorgeous Brazilian weather?
      You really are the sweetest! Thank you for your constant support here, now and always.
      Kisses!
      Page

      Delete
  7. I was so sorry to learn about your dad Page. He was a great guy and an even greater husband and father. You were truly blessed to have had him in your life. I am sure that he is enjoying his Westerns and probably becoming great "buds" with all the great Western stars that went before him. Enjoying your blogs and reviews. Can't wait for future installments. Love, Terry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terry,
      I was so pleased to see you had left me a comment and to learn you've looked over my blog. That means a lot. You're the first family member to take the time to comment.
      We're all just trying to cope and get through the holidays right now. It was great getting to talk to you and Mark and I'll call you tomorrow.

      For now, thank you so much for the very kind words about dad. I'll be sure to pass them on to mom.
      Please return here often and I can't wait to discuss old cinema with you going forward.
      I love you and we'll talk very soon.
      Page

      Delete
  8. I stumbled across this page quite by accident, and was very impressed by your work, especially the profile of Lois Moran. Wow, she was so yuong when she met and interacted with such major players in Hollywood and the literary life! Her life would make a heck of a movie. Sorry to hear about your father, and my best wishes to you and your mom.

    ReplyDelete