Monday, May 21, 2012

Horseathon: List of participants

As the first ever Horseathon approaches I've created the official list of participants (blog links provided) with the dates everyone will be doing their articles from May 25-28th. (Scrolling over each blog title will take you to their sites via the links.)


Friday May 25th
Jacqueline Lynch of Another Old Movie Blog will be writing about Seabiscuit (2003) and The Story of Seabiscuit (1949)


Jeff Flugel of The Stalking Moon will be writing about Bite the Bullet (1975)


Le of Critica Retro will be writing about A Day at the Races (1937)


Flick Chick of A Person in the Dark will be writing about The Tattooed Police Horse (1964)

R.A Kerr at Silver Screenings will be writing about Little Miss Marker (1937)


Kim of 1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die will be writing about The Magnificent Ambersons (1942)


Lindsay of Lindsay's Movie Musings will be writing about Broadway Bill (1934)


Yvette of In So Many Words will be writing about The Black Stallion (1979)


Saturday May 26th
Page (me) I'll be writing about Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (1969) here at My Love of Old Hollywood

Rich of Wide Screen World will be writing about The Black Stallion (1979)


Barry of Cinematic Catharsis will be writing about Sleepy Hollow (1999)

Carrie of True Classics will be writing about the cartoon Last Unicorn


Perfect Number 6 of No Time Like the Past will be writing about The Appaloosa (1966)


Rick of Classic Film & TV Cafe will be writing about Thunderhead-Son of Flicka (1945)


Dorian of Tales of the Easily Distracted will be writing about Arabesque (1966)


Sunday May 27th
Sterling of The Filmatelist will be writing about A Day at the Races (1937)


Brandie of True Classics will be writing about Cat Ballou (1965)


Vincent at Carole and Co. will be writing about Carole Lombard, her love of horses.

Caftan Woman of Caftan Woman will be writing about Charlie Chan at the Race Track (1936)


Matt of Classic Cinema Reviews for Kids will be writing about National Velvet (1944)


R.C. of The Shades of Black and White will be writing about The Red Pony (1949)

David of A Trip Down Memory Lane will be writing about Riding High (1950)


Clara of Via 51 will be writing about The Unforgiven (1960)


Whistling Gypsy of Distant Voices and Flickering Shadows will be writing about Wings of the Morning (1937)


Monday May 28th
Cliff of Things and Other Stuff will be writing about Stablemates (1938)


Ivan G. of Thrilling Days of Yesteryear will be writing about Crazy Over Horses (1950)

Laura of Laura's Miscellaneous Musings will be writing about Smoky (1946)


Joseph of Marlene Dietrich: The Last Goddess will be writing about Marlene Dietrich and her films featuring equines.

Dawn at Noir and Chick Flicks will be writing about Misty of Chincoteague (1961)


Bodi of Old Horror Movies will be writing about The Headless Horseman (1922)


KC of  A Classic Movie Blog will be writing about the photographer Eadweard Muylridge's experiment on horses in film.

Lady Eve of Lady Eve's Reel Life will be writing about The Misfits (1961)


R.D. Finch of The Movie Projector will be writing about Shoeshine (1947)


Elisabeth at The Second Sentence will be writing about Miracle of the White Stallions (1963)


Aurora at Once Upon A Screen will be writing about Seabiscuit (2003)

Ruth at Flix Chatter will be writing about Horses in film, great scenes. (look for her review next week)


Backlots and a look back at Elizabeth Taylor and Pie from National Velvet (1944)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you expressed interest in doing the Horseathon but haven't gotten back to me on a film or topic just leave that info in the comments here so I can get you added to the list before we Giddy Up on Friday.  (So far that's three bloggers)

Also, I hope that I got everyone's choices and dates, if you requested one correct. If I missed anyone or added info incorrectly please let me know. I had people sign on via Twitter, FB, email and through my blog here so things were a bit scattered.

Look for a shortened list which will have the links day to day posted to make things easier for everyone as the Horseathon commences.  I know there are a lot of posts to get through but I do hope everyone will visit each post and comment as time allows.

Lastly, thank you everyone who has signed on. I had such a great response to my first Blogathon and as you can see there a few bloggers participating that I was fortunate enough to be introduced to via this endeavor.
See ya soon!
Page

42 comments:

  1. Glad to see that Dawn is back in the saddle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here Jacqueline! So glad Dawn will be joining us.
      Page

      Delete
  2. Well, Page, I can't think of another movie I want to talk about besides THE BLACK STALLION (one of my favorite movies of all time) and I'm wondering if I can be allowed to talk about it even though I won't be the only one. After all, my take will be MY take. Rich's will be his take.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yvette,
      I've got you down for The Black Stallion. I think it's just fine. I guess I misread that you were thinking of a different film.
      I look forward to your review/article.
      Page

      Delete
  3. Okay, great. Sorry if I misunderstood. GAK! The brains just don't work as well as they used to. Ha! If they ever did. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list, Page, I can't wait to read all these posts about my favorite animal and movies :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clara,
      So glad you like horses as much as I do. Lindsay is a big fan of the gorgeous creatures too.
      Thanks for participating. It looks to be a great weekend.
      Page

      Delete
  5. My name's actually Elisabeth spelled with an S. (Don't worry, I have to make that correction about every other day!) And the full title of the movie is Miracle of the White Stallions. Sorry I omitted the full information last week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a fantastic list, Paige! A lot of really interesting titles. Looking forward to the horseathon. :)

      Elisabeth, re your comment above mine, I saw MIRACLE OF THE WHITE STALLIONS with my Grandpa when I was little -- I think it was a '70s reissue. I recently bought the DVD but haven't watched it yet so I'm especially looking forward to your post!

      Best wishes,
      Laura

      Delete
    2. Laura,
      There really are a lot of interesting films and topics on this one. I'm so pleased and thanks again for participating.
      See you soon!
      Page

      Delete
    3. Elisabeth,
      I've got it fixed. Thanks for letting me know.
      Page

      Delete
  6. Hey, I'm glad you got this up, Page. I've been juggling so many deadlines that for a brief moment I was convinced I missed it and that you would exact a painful revenge by sending that curly-headed little moppet on my lawn to torment me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dang Ivan!
      I had Shirley scheduled to set up a lemonade stand in your front yard this weekend, being a holiday and all. She was going to share her earnings and a few tap lessons with you and everything.

      I look forward to your review. Thanks again for signing on. (Hopefully Becky won't notice)
      Page

      Delete
  7. If anyone needs an extra Horseathon banner, I've created one at the end of this entry:

    http://carole-and-co.livejournal.com/512688.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vincent,
      I love your banner! Thanks for sharing it.
      Looking forward to your article on Carole and horses.
      Page

      Delete
  8. Page, the only thing that could make your already-awesome Horseathon even better is knowing our dear friend and classic movie colleague Dawn will be able to participate, too! Looking forward to Dawn's N&CF Horseathon post about MISTY OF CHINCOTEAGUE, as well as everyone else's great blogs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dorian,
      It's wonderful that Dawn is participating. She's a sweetheart.
      Looking forward to Arabesque as well.
      Page

      Delete
  9. That date works perfectly for me, as it gives me plenty of time to go screen cap crazy. Thanks for organizing this event!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joseph,
      I'll be looking forward to it
      Page

      Delete
  10. I'm the first! I'm the first!
    Here there is my link to the blogathon. http://criticaretro.blogspot.com.br/2012/05/um-dia-nas-corridas-day-at-races-1937.html
    I ended up not scheduling it. I'll be reading the other entries later next week.
    Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Le,
      You get the award for First Blog Post. Your prize is a sack of sugar cubes. : )
      Page

      Delete
    2. Page, you're right: I have a deep love for A Day at the Races, because it was the first Marx Brothers movie I've watched.
      Yeah! I was really the first! Can you ship my sugar cubes to Brazil? Or they'll melt on the way? :)
      Kisses!

      Delete
  11. Hi Page, as I said in your previous Horseathon post (http://myloveofoldhollywood.blogspot.com/2012/04/i-hope-youll-all-sign-up-for-little.html?showComment=1337629204293#c6868710618547188831) I probably won't have mine up until early next week as I had just finished another blogathon. It'll still be favorite scenes with horses though. Thanks for organizing, it's so cool to see so many people um, horsing around :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ruth,
      I've added you instead to Monday's list with a note. Take your time and thanks again for participating with your busy schedule.
      Page

      Delete
    2. Hi Page, I was able to publish it last night. Here it is: http://flixchatter.net/2012/05/28/old-hollywood-horse-a-thon-seven-favorite-classic-scenes-with-horses/

      Thanks for organizing this awesome horseathon! :D

      Delete
  12. I wish I could participate in all the fun but that dreaded "real world" has been keeping me busy lately and therefore I did not have time to write anything for the show. Hope all goes well. I will be sure to make the time to read all the contributions. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kevyn,
      Hopefully I'll host another blogathon one day and I'll be looking forward to your post.
      Enjoy your holiday weekend and thanks for stopping by.
      Page

      Delete
  13. Hey, Page, Carrie posted her piece earlier today ... http://trueclassics.wordpress.com/2012/05/26/horseathon-the-last-unicorn/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Here is my contribution:
    http://greatentertainersarchives.blogspot.com/2012/05/horseathon-blogathon-riding-high.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Lombard equine contribution is in!

    http://carole-and-co.livejournal.com/514646.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vincent,
      I corrected your link on the participant list! Great post!
      Page

      Delete
  16. I almost forgot to post this here Page. Silly me! Thanks for hosting the horsethon. It was so much fun writing this:

    http://www.aclassicmovieblog.com/2012/05/horsethon-eadweard-muybridge-and-gallop.html

    xoxo

    KC

    ReplyDelete
  17. And I just realized I signed up for Monday. . .well, at least I'm not late.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KC,
      I can slide your post in to today's links no problem. Just read it and it's awesome!
      Page

      Delete
  18. Hey Page, here's the link to my post:

    http://via-51.blogspot.com/2012/05/horseathon-audrey-guipago-and.html

    Thanks for organizing this Horseathon, I'll start reading my fellow blogger's posts tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Page, once again so sorry I was late with this! But Stablemates is posted to Immortal Ephemera and can be found here:

    http://www.things-and-other-stuff.com/18154/stablemates-1938-wallace-beery-mickey-rooney/

    Thanks, Cliff

    ReplyDelete
  20. This was so fun, I have to continue my musings in a second post some time in the future. Here's part one! http://lastgoddess.blogspot.com/2012/05/horseathon-dietrichs-horsie-movies-pt-1.html

    Thanks for hosting this lovely blogathon!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great list, Page, I can't wait to read all these posts about my favorite animal and movies :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. When I was a kid in late 1940's, 1950's, 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's (yes I was a kid for a LONG time) some of my favorite TV shows had horses in them. "Fury" was one I watched every week as well as "My Friend Flicka", "Champion" and "Mr. Ed". Our hero Clint Eastwood did an episode of "Mr. Ed" and Mr. "heavy" Lee Van Cleef did "Fury" and "Champion". "Champion" was a series with Gene Autry's horse without Gene in it.

    ReplyDelete